A Pixum Photo Book is always a very special and personal Christmas gift because it reflects a lot of love and thinking . Last year, we collected some ideas you could use as a topic for the design of your Pixum Photo Books. To look at them once again, please click here. If you have not downloaded our Pixum Photo Book software, you can do so here.
This year, we have some new ideas that might be helpful for your Pixum Photo Books – we look forward to receiving your feedback! :)
Tip 1: Create impressive effects by using special background designs
The images in a Pixum Photo Book impress as a whole. If you pay attention, you will notice that elements of the centre are not the only thing that counts and how important background elements are. So spend some time thinking about the background of your images as well as the pages of your Pixum Photo Book in order to make sure they are shown to their fullest advantage!
In general, keep it simple. Choose images in one colour or with structure for your backgrounds that do not disturb the eye but keep the harmony of the overall picture.
Please make sure you do not use too many different background images because too much variety in colours and patterns irritates the human eye.
If you lack the material for great background images, you can still do much yourself after you have already started creating your Pixum Photo Book:
- Actively look for interesting structures or surfaces to take photos of (e.g.: foliage, walls, metal surfaces, wood, special kind of wallpaper …)
- Use common photos and use special effects to turn them into perfect background images – if you need some ideas or help, have a look at our Pixum Photo Show which is subprogram of the Pixum Photo Book software.
- How to edit an image:
- Double-click on an image you would like to edit in order to open it in the Pixum Photo Show.
- Choose „Effects“ and „Background image“ from the opening submenu.
- This way your image is automatically turned into a graphic suitable for backgrounds by reducing its sharpness and colour gamut.
- Now you simply have to „Accept changes“ and your the background image you edited appears in the Pixum Photo Book software.
Tip 2: Be a professional – be straight
There are two functions hardly known but immensely practical to align your images straightly.
1) Align and resize frame
Simply mark some images (either drag a frame around those images or click on them while you keep the CTRL key pressed), right-click and choose „Align and resize frame“. Now you can specify how your images should be aligned.
This way you can align all your frames at the left, center them hotizontally or size them equally.
Do not get scared off the complex menus and use this precious function. :)
2) Turn on the grid view
Turning on the grid view is another option to align your images straightly – it is even more exact but also more laborious. Turn on this option („Editings“ in the Photo Book software) and use the grid view for your whole Photo Book project as a help that is not printed!
Additionally, you can use the suboption „Attach object to the help grid“ in order to make it even easier to place several elements straightly and evenly distanced to each other.
Tip 3: Save self-created layouts
If you created your own layout (by using the above mentioned functions), you should use the practical „Save layout“ to be able to use it again.
If you press the button, your layout (arrangement of images) is shown at the left (in the tab „Layout“) under „Page Layouts“. Immedeately after you saved your layout, this menu opens automatically to show your proposal. It is marked with a green star that enables you to easily find it again later.